The landscape of grocery buying has undergone a transitional shift in today’s dynamic world. Often we were caught up with tedious tasks like grocery shopping, but thanks to the technology advances that automated the approach of grocery shopping. Now you don’t have to wander in the supermarket aisle. This is because of the surge in instant grocery delivery apps, which garnered quite a bit of attention to grocery app development . And look, now the advent of grocery shopping apps can help you claim the time you were always looking for and make your shopping experience more effortless & convenient than ever before.
This is possible by building an instant grocery delivery app!
Discover a brief synopsis of how to build an instant grocery delivery app that offers a seamless experience and convenience. So, let’s dive in!
Market trends of Grocery apps
The grocery delivery market has experienced a profound shift since the COVID-19 pandemic. The accelerated surge brought about a momentum and defined a trend paving the way to minimize in-person shopping and mitigating the risk posed by the virus. According to a report by Reasearch And Markets, the global online grocery market is speculated to reach $1.3 trillion by 2025. Moreover, its sustained growth is anticipated to grow upto 15.48% CAGR between 2020 and 2025.
Types of Grocery Apps
Grocery store apps are divided into three types to cater to the needs of different industries. Let’s discuss each one of them in detail.
a) Single store grocery app
The single-store grocery app is a digital platform that empowers users to buy grocery essentials from one single store. With this tailored experience, users can purchase the items from one store’s inventory and get them delivered to their doorsteps.
b) Multi-store grocery app
The multi-store grocery app is an application that revolutionizes the shopping experience by integrating multiple sellers under a united platform. Users can select the items from different sellers, compare prices, and get them delivered to their doorstep.
c) Marketplace grocery app
Marketplace Grocery App is an application that enables users to buy from multiple sellers on a single platform. Users can select products from different sellers, compare prices, and get them delivered to their doorstep.
Top Grocery Delivery apps in the USA
Below mentioned are the best online grocery shopping apps you must be aware of in the USA:-
1. Walmart: The best online grocery delivery app in the USA
- Walmart is one of the best grocery delivery apps in the USA, with an estimated record of approximately 50 million downloads from the Google Play Store—moreover, around 10 million downloads by iPhone users.
- This online shopping apps in the USA is the fourth largest shopping app beyond Amazon, Shein, and Shop. Moreover, their grocery delivery services lead the industry with reliable, faster, easier, committed, safe, and secure deliveries.
- Users can order groceries, household essentials, and millions of other products from their favorite and popular brands at their comfort.
2. Kroger: Top-rated grocery shopping & delivery apps in the USA
- Kroger is the USA’s top-rated grocery shopping & delivery app offering the best grocery delivery service to iPhone and Android users.
- It offers customers discounts, promotional offers, exciting deals, and coupons. Moreover, it provides various products, including fresh vegetables, essential foodstuffs, pulses, spices, frozen food, and pre-packaged household essentials.
- The app provides online or offline shopping flexibility, with pickup or door delivery options.
- Kroger’s user-friendly interface includes secure payments, scanning, and order tracking features.
- Meanwhile, with a 4.8/5 star rating from over 1 million iPhone users and a 4.5/5 star rating from nearly 10 million users on the Google Play Store, Kroger is a top choice for those looking for a convenient and exceptional grocery delivery experience.
3. Instacart– Best grocery delivery app in the USA for iOS & Android
- Instacart, a leading American app for grocery delivery , which competes with Kroger in the US and Canada. This well-known online retailer has collaborated with more than 600 supermarkets to provide seamless and smooth services to its users.
- The platform offers same-day delivery or pickup of fresh or preservatives at flexible prices. With a user base of over 9.6 million, Instacart provides the choice of self-pickup or door-delivery services. As of 2021, the San Francisco-based app recorded $1.8 billion in revenues and has over 9.6 million users.
4. DoorDash– Best & top-rated grocery app in the USA DoorDash is the best & top-rated online food delivery app in San Francisco, California, and NYC.
- With around 39 million downloads, as reported by Statista, it offers fast grocery ordering and delivery from the vast local supermarkets and restaurants across the USA, Canada, and Australia.
- The app’s user-friendly interface and a convenient “Takeaway” or “Pick up feature” enables users to order from home and collect and pick up their products in minutes.
- With strong competition from other players, DoorDash is a popular choice for online grocery ordering and delivery within the US.All the mentioned above are the best online grocery shopping apps in the USA.
Step-by-step guide to build an instant Grocery Delivery app
A step-by-step mechanism is followed to achieve the goal of developing instant grocery delivery app:-
1) Developing an instant delivery app starts with meticulous planning, researching, identifying the right target market, and knowing the essential app features.
2) Now, rolling to the next step is all about deciding the appropriate tech stack that aligns with your app requirements and budget.
3) The next step is crafting app design; here, the focus is to develop a user-friendly interface that ensures the app is clean, intuitive, clear, and concise. The app design development also involves integrating necessary features and functionalities considering the front-end, back-end, app interface design, and database design.
4) The next step is integrating payment gateway and APIs for location-based services, messaging, and other third-party services.
5) Once the app is built, it is necessary to rigorously carry out testing to fix bugs and usability concerns, ensuring exceptional user experience.
6) Launch the app and promote the app through strategic channels like digital marketing and social media.
7) Ensure that you conduct regular maintenance and update to ensure the app’s smooth functioning and seamless user satisfaction.
Features & functionalities you must consider to make your grocery app successful
There are few features and functionalities you must consider while building the instant grocery delivery app :-
a) User registration and login
b) Detailed product lists information with pricing, images and descriptions
c) Efficient shopping cart and streamlined checkout system
d) Multiple payment options: debit/credit cards, COD and mobile wallets.
e) Live order tracking and timely delivery updates
f) Customer support for assistance
g) Notifications alerts for order updates & promotions
h) Location to identify nearby stores and delivery options
Go-to technology stack for an instant demand app like Blinkit
1) Front-end Development Tools: React native or Flutter
2) Backend Development Tools: PHP, Node.js, Python
3) Database systems: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase
4) Cloud services- Hosting: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Google Cloud Platform(GCP),
Storage: Amazon S3 for file storage, Firebase Cloud Storage
Serverless Computing: AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions
5) Payment gateways: PayPal, Stripe
6) Location and maps: Google Maps, Apple Maps
7) API Gateway: Kong, Express Gateway
8) Security: SSL Certificates, Authentication for OAuth, JWT, Role-based access control (RBAC)
How much does it cost to develop a grocery delivery app?
The cost of building an instant delivery app depends on multiple factors, including features, platform, development time. Moreover, the cost of building an instant delivery app also hinges upon whether you are looking forward to building an iOS or Android application. It also relies on the outsourcing company as well as their skill set. If you plan to outsource from India, the cost would be lower than in countries like the USA. The actual cost can be contrarily higher or lower depending on the size of project’s and the desirable requirements. Get going and reach out to OpenXcell- the best mobile app development services provider, their expertise will help you build a quick delivery app like shipt.
This brings us to the conclusion that outsourcing app development like Blinkit- the instant grocery delivery app in India can help you achieve business-required goals. Building an instant grocery delivery app requires sound planning, brainstorming, designing, developing, and launching. Allowing a mobile app development company increases your app’s scalability, usage, and efficiency; moreover, they help you solve the challenges by catering bespoke solutions for your app idea.
No Comments found.
DETAILED INDUSTRY GUIDES
Learn everything about Software Development, its types, methodologies, process outsourcing with our complete guide to software development.
Learn everything about Headless CMS along with CMS, its types, pros & cons as well as use cases, and real-life examples in a complete guide.
Building your perfect app requires planning and effort. This guide is a compilation of best mobile app development resources across the web.
What is DevOps? A combination of cultural philosophy, practices, and tools that integrate and automate between software development and the IT operations team.
Introduction Bitcoin met with much skepticism when it was introduced in 2009. Many believed that these digital tokens had no real purpose and that the hype surrounding them was purposeless.…Read more...
The education sector is undergoing rapid changes due to the internet and digital learning. One of the newest introductions to the field is blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin…Read more...