When ChatGPT was first introduced in November, 2022, there were mixed feelings about the technology. Few marveled at it, few argued about its efficacy while others feared it, given its abilities to replace humans. However everyone agreed that ChatGPT was the next technological revolution in the making. Afterall OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT, has successfully trained a chatbot to converse in the way humans did.
OpenAI has once again managed to turn heads by introducing the latest version of ChatGPT, ie. GPT4. Officially launched on March 13,2023, GPT 4 has taken AI integration a step further. GPT- 4 promises added functionalities, safety and responsiveness than its predecessor GPT 3.5. Let us have a look at ChatGPT 4 and its features.
What Is Chat GPT 4?
Just like Chat GPT3 and ChatGPT 3.5, GPT-4 or Generative Pre-trained Transformer 4 is also a product that implements OpenAI’s large language models (LLM). A large language model is a neural network built by deep learning. Like ChatGPT, Large Language Models are general purpose models that are capable of handling a variety of tasks.
Launched to a limited audience, GPT 4 is the new improved version of ChatGPT that has a better responding interface and a better ability to take care of, “more nuanced instructions”, according to OpenAI. ChatGPT 4 is similar to Chat GPT 3 and 3.5, only better! It is also more customer/user friendly which enables businesses to benefit from ChatGPT 4 integration into their customer relationship management systems(CRM’s). This powerful AI-driven, ML-able chatbot is one of a kind and is claimed to be 10 times more advanced than its predecessor.
Along with coherence and human touch, ChatGPT is constantly learning and evolving. There are few differences between ChatGPT4 and how it is different from its predecessor.
Check out the difference between ChatGPT, Google Bard, and Bing Chat.
ChatGPT 3 Vs GPT 4
|GPT 3 processing was limited to 4000 tokens at any given time.
|ChatGPT can process 32000 tokens at once which is 8 times than that of ChatGPT
|Chat GPT 3 was not equipped to take images as query Inputs.
|Like Google lens, Chat GPT 4 can accept visual queries.
|Responding to Appropriate content
|GPT 3 couldn’t differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate query to some extent.
|GPT 4 is 82% more likely to differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate content and respond accordingly.
|175 billion parameters
|100 trillion + parameters
Apart from these, there are many differences between the two GPT models. GPT 4 is similar to GPT 3 but with almost all features improved and fine tuned. Here are a few added features, Chat GPT 4 is capable of executing.
Capabilities and benefits of GPT-4
- ChatGPT 4 is more humane in its conversational styles. It uses simple language and words and has less technical jargon.
- Users worldwide believe that ChatGPT 4 is more intuitive, reliable compared to earlier models of ChatGPT. It is also more equipped to handle sophisticated problems and errors.
- Another added benefit of ChatGPT 4 is that just like Google Lens, GPT 4 can process picture inputs and provide textual outputs of the same. This feature is yet to be launched but is expected to reach users soon.
- GPT 4 is also more proficient with foreign languages compared to Chat GPT earlier versions. This can be a major advantage for the global community of multilingual users who are more comfortable in their native languages. Companies have already started using this feature of GPT 4 to their benefit and one such company is Koo. Koo, an Indian counterpart of twitter, has already made use of the GPT4 language toolset to connect its Indian users to the global world.
- GPT-4 is more creative and inventive than the previous Large Language Models. ChatGPT 4 is imaginative in the way that it can work with users while working with users on creative thinking activities such as songwriting, screenwriting, and more.
- GPT 4 is immensely useful in virtual assistance and can help sift through calendars ,emails and can even help build schedules.
- ChatGPT 4 safety feature has also improved compared to other versions. The chatbot now responds more compassionately to negative input of human behavior and is more humanlike in addressing human emotions.
- GPT-4 has increased its token limit of the previous ChatGPT version, which was 4000 tokens to 32,000 (equivalent to 25,000 words). This means that the chatbot will be able to take greater input from users and process it.
Limitations of GPT-4
Despite the innovations and improvements to the smart chatbot, ChatGPT still has a long way to go. There are few avenues that GPT-4 can be seen underperforming. Here are a few of them.
- ChatGPT 4, like its predecessors, is unable to update its knowledge in real time. This was also the reason that ChatGPT was unable to crack the tough UPSC exam of India due to its inability to update its knowledge and current affairs.
- Users are also concerned about arithmetic errors that the bot is generating in its answers. People are preferring to use the conventional calculator instead of the ChatBot.
- ChatGPT is the largest AI model ever released with almost 100 trillion + parameters. Training such a mode requires a massive amount of computing and infrastructure to maintain. Which is why, for businesses, incorporation of ChatGPT in their management systems can be an expensive affair.
- Finally, GPT-4 is a constantly evolving chatbot. The users can get overwhelmed given the changing nature of outputs.
Who Has Access to GPT-4
ChatGPT 4 allows users to experience only its text based features, and access to GPT 4’s latest features are restricted for non-members. To be a member of ChatGPT plus, one needs to pay a fee of 20$ each month as a subscription fee.
Chat GPT 4 is constantly evolving. With benefits being recognized worldwide, more and more businesses are integrating ChatGPT 4 into their workflows. By offering highly demanded AI features like natural language processing, question answering, and text generation, ChatGPT is winning amongst its peers. We can only expect ChatGPT-4 to revolutionize the way we interact with computers and technology around us.
No Comments found.
DETAILED INDUSTRY GUIDES
Learn everything about Software Development, its types, methodologies, process outsourcing with our complete guide to software development.
Learn everything about Headless CMS along with CMS, its types, pros & cons as well as use cases, and real-life examples in a complete guide.
Building your perfect app requires planning and effort. This guide is a compilation of best mobile app development resources across the web.
What is DevOps? A combination of cultural philosophy, practices, and tools that integrate and automate between software development and the IT operations team.
After a successful integration of AI and its tools, the Internet of Things (IoT) is set to take the central stage in transforming businesses. What became popular due to Amazon’s…Read more...
Summary:- In the evolving era of software development, an IDE is essential for your project. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced developer, explore the best IDE for web development.…Read more...
We now live in an era when remote learning and online courses are commonplace. Consequently, students find it more challenging to keep up with the rapid changes in their school’s…Read more...